Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A TRUE INDIAN

After the morning prayers,
I perhaps heard a beep,
Looking straight on the road,
I saw a military jeep...

Out came some men,
Dressed in white and blue,
Not single,not in pair,
They were in a crew...

Their face looked heavy,
Their body looked slack,
Out they pulled a box,
With a flag at its back...

I heard some people cry,
I saw tears being shed,
Was broken to hear the news,
Of the warrior being dead...

Stood I in attention,
As they gave him tribute,
A drop rolled down my cheeks,
My hand raised to salute...

He was someones friend,
A father as well as son,
Proud to say,he was,
A "TRUE INDIAN"...
-----Anurag.

2 comments:

  1. Hats off Sir! I admire your way of expressing your thoughts and ideas. What a privilege to be your student! I'm so overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete