Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A SACRED TEACHER'S DAY

When i entered this college,
I knew my childhood had gone,
I started bunking lectures,
But made good use of the lawn.

My ego went on increasing,
I acted a bit mean,
More than my class and books,
I enjoyed the canteen.

Just then i met a group,
Of perhaps some divine creatures,
Yes,urll guessed it right,
They are my own teachers.

Love is what they always,
Awaited me to give,
They not only taught me life ,
But also how to live.

My life at that stage,
Took a fast rewind,
I stopped acting mean,
And turned calm n kind.

They enlightened our minds,
Like a morning sunrise,
Thus teaching me the values,
To be nice and wise.

They made my lectures colorful,
I forgot the lawn green,
Their words became my hunger,
I forgot the canteen.

I wud apologize to them today,
They silently bore my pranks,
I wud give them a heart today,
To say a big THANKS.

These words from my heart,
I hv arranged in a poetic tray,
To wish them a prosperous life,
And a 'SACRED TEACHER'S DAY'...............


-------ANURAG

2 comments: